Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Top 10 Thankfuls for 2014!

Thanksgiving- the one day every year we as Americans celebrate all the things we have and all the things we are thankful for, then turn around and leave the turkey and dressing behind to make sure we get the cheapest price on that next big electronic device we don't need, all the while trampling over the person beside us who may hinder our ability to get said electronic device . But we're thankful for what we have!!  Makes perfect sense right?! All joking aside, there are so many things that I'm thankful for this year! So many that I could never list them all here on the blog. But I wanted to take some time today to share my Top 10 "Thankfuls"  for the year.

1. Forgiveness and Grace of My Savior- WOW! I am seriously so undeserving of the grace and forgiveness that Christ has given me through his death on the cross. More than ever this year, I've learned how important it is for me to share that same love and forgiveness with people around me, even if I don't think they deserve it. I'm thankful that while I was still a sinner God sent his Son to die for ME! And YOU!! That's something I'll never stop being thankful for!

(photo credit- Josh Click)

2. Mom and Dad- Every day I get older and every day I realize how very thankful and blessed I am to have the parents I have. I can never thank them enough for the spiritual foundation they have given me. Their love for The Lord and each other is a blessing to our family and an example I'm thankful to see lived out each day. I'm so thankful God brought me back to Texas after PT school and that I get to spend so much family time with them!


3. Thomas, Kacie, and Ella- Growing up, I never thought Thomas and I would like each other but then I turned 16 and we sort of became best friends. In the last year he married the love of his life and had the most beautiful baby girl!  I am so thankful for a solid relationship with my brother, a beautiful sister-in-law who has become a best friend, and the most beautiful niece who made me an aunt!



4. Extended Family- Seriously, God blessed me with some pretty AMAZING people in my life. This year we got to have a Lemons' family vacation with all 25 of us in Colorado and it was such a fun time! I also got to spend some fun time with the Leaton side of the family seeing relatives from Washington state I haven't seen in years. I'm so thankful for two sides of the family that love me as much as they do!



5. Pearl- Ok ok...I know she's a dog but I am thankful for this sweet little puppy. She's a great walking buddy, a sounding board, and a constant companion. She definitely drives me insane at times, hijacks my socks, and eats wayyy to many treats but my life would be boring without her and I'm thankful I waited so long to find the perfect dog!



6. My Sunday school and Youth Girls- I don’t think I'll ever get over the blessing these girls are in my life! I feel so humbled and so honored that God chose me to be a part of their lives this year. They definitely make me feel every bit of 25 some times and I frequently have to ask my mom if this was how she felt when I was a teenager but I love getting to go through life with each of them!



7. Physical Therapy- I've been a PT for a year and five months. Life seems to be flying by and I can't even believe its been that long! I feel like I waited forever to be done with PT school and now I'M A PT!! I'm so thankful for a job that I love, coworkers that I love, and patients that I get to work with every day!

8. Freedom- I know that today we have the freedoms that we have because of the sacrifices of so many men and women that have given their time, energy, health, families, and even their lives. Thank you will never be enough to acknowledge the sacrifices that they have made for our freedom but I hope and pray that they ALWAYS know someone loves and cares about them and is thankful for the sacrifices that they have made.



9. Friends- I started this year having a pity party for myself overthe fact that all my friends lived several hours away. Throughout this year, God blessed me with new friendships and strengthened old ones. I have a college roommate who I may only see 1x a year but no matter what, we're able to  pick up where we left off the time before. I have a best friend from college who I get to celebrate 5 years of friendship with in a few weeks. Another best friend from PT school who I get to be Auntie Katie to her newborn baby. A beautiful new friendship with someone forged in very unlikely and somewhat terrifying circumstances earlier this year, and two beautiful friendships that blossomed through leading Sunday school this year. I am seriously blessed! I think God just outdid himself to highlight my lack of faith and trust in his plans.



10. This Blog- The idea of this blog has been on my mind for a long time and I'm thankful that this year it finally happened. It definitely isn't much but I'm thankful for each and every one of you that allow me to share my thoughts and my heart. You don't have to keep reading my posts but for some reason you do and for that I'm so very very thankful! I pray that it continues to grow and that it blesses your heart as I share mine.


I know that the holidays are not always a joyous time for some people. I know that for some of you, there are deep hurts that go along with this time of year. I know some of you are missing family members or friends. Some of you are in the middle of a storm that seems like it will never end but I pray that during this time, God brings hope and healing to your life. I pray that in the midst of the circumstances, you are able to raise your eyes a little higher and see The Lord's blessing in your life. If nothing else, I pray that you know he loves you and cares about every single circumstance in your life. No matter what, you aren't alone during this time. If nothing else, I hope that you find thankfulness in knowing there is a God that loves you.

"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." 
- 1 Chronicles 16:34


No comments:

Post a Comment